AUSTIN, TEXAS - May 17, 2019 – Although the construction technique of MicroTrenching has been in practice for over a decade, there’s still a lot to learn about best practices. Two hundred industry professionals gathered on May 1 in Austin, Texas, at Dura-Line’s Technology Summit 2019: MicroTrenching. The event was the first large-scale one-day conference Dura-Line has ever sponsored. It was hosted at the Corbel Communications facility, where after a warm welcome from mayors of the City of Austin, Mayor Steve Adler, and the City of Mount Vernon, N.Y., Mayor Richard Thomas, a series of high-profile speakers shared their expertise on MicroTrenching. Guest speakers included:
- Tim Grimsley, Vice President of Global Customer Engagement, Dura-Line
- Dan Urban, Vice President, Corbel Communications
- Chris Levendos, Vice President - Network Engineering and Operations, Crown Castle
- Christina Bassett, Sr. Manager-ODN/xHaul Network Planning Team, Verizon
- Jed Zook, Communications Engineer,
- Douglas County PUD, Wash.
- Chris Thompson, Senior Product Manager Compact Equipment & HD Trenchers, Ditch Witch